07 January 2018

2018 Will Be My Year to...

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

Can you believe we’re one week into 2018 already?! Time is flying by so fast, and before we know it, another year will be over. I had meant to blog during the holidays and weekends, but as usual, I wanted to spend the free time with my family instead. You guys know how it is ☺

So, a new year. New beginnings, a fresh start, a chance to become a better person.  Did you make a list of resolutions?  Or did you name your year with a word that will guide you?

A few years ago, one of the groups I’m a member of introduced the idea of “naming your year.” A lot of members got into it and shared the words they had chosen to help guide them throughout the year. As it neared the end of December, they shared how their year went, if and how they managed to apply their chosen words, etc.

Nope, I wasn’t one of them.

Even when it practically became a tradition, I still didn’t join. Simply because I didn’t have that much faith in myself that I would be able to follow through with my chosen word, in the same way that I didn’t believe in making resolutions for the new year.

But as 2017 was coming to a close, and after reading about how this practice helped so many people, I decided to just do it and join the bandwagon in naming my year. Since it would be my first time to do so, I settled on a word that wasn’t too farfetched, easy to remember and remind me of the things I want to achieve in 2018.

With so many things and areas in my life that require my attention, I need to remind myself to FOCUS.

Focus on my husband and two daughters. Spend more time and actually be with my family, rather than allowing social media to consume my time at home. Have more one-on-one dates with each of my daughters, even if these are just at the nearby park or restaurant.

Focus on my health. I’m not getting any younger and I need to remind myself that I need to exercise and eat healthier. This means fighting off the temptation to eat rice at night even if Mama cooks my favourite kare-kare ☺. Going back to taking regular walks would be a good way to start.

Focus on my goals. This year I want to learn something new. I’m still trying to decide on what, but for sure I want it to be something I’m interested in to add to my knowledge.

Focus…on whatever I need to do or what I’m working on, and finishing anything I started. Like blogging about the rest of the Europe trip we went on last year ☺. I need to stop being distracted, avoid procrastinating, stay away from negativity, enjoy the present, and not worry too much about the future.

Hopefully, by keeping in mind the things I need to prioritize and just remembering this one word, this year will shape me into a better person…one who is more FOCUSED.

Did you name your 2018? What word have you chosen to guide your year? Let me know in the comments below ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts