One evening, Hubby and I happened to discuss what our dreams and plans were when we first came to Dubai, and the things that we achieved since then. This conversation led to our plans for our family, and him sharing the things he still wants to do, which made me recall my bucket list.
I started my list of random things I want to achieve or experience around 15 years ago (although I didn’t know it was called “bucket list” that time), but I forgot about it a few months after I arrived in Dubai. Fortunately, I found my old notebook where I wrote it, and I was very happy to discover that most of the ones that were part of my original list have been accomplished, some of which I’ve shared about on this blog.
Here’s my list, which I will continue to update from time to time. Care to share yours?
• Go on rides at the Enchanted Kingdom (done in 2003)
• Ride a horse (done in 2002 or 2003)
• Attend mass at Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage in Antipolo before a trip to another country (done in 2004)
• Visit Baguio City (done several times between 2001 and 2003)
• Go to Disneyland (done in 2005)
• Watch a basketball game live between DLSU and ADMU (done in 2011)
• Name my first daughter Caitlin Laura (done in 2009)
• Get into a sport
• Live alone in a foreign country for at least 6 months (done in 2004 until 2008)
• Learn to bake from scratch (done in 2013)
• Learn to cook at least a dish each: chicken, seafood, beef, pork, vegetables, pasta (ongoing since 2010)
• Have a romantic dinner on a rooftop with a great view
• Have dinner at Burj al Arab (done in 2009)
• Stay in a room at Burj al Arab for a night
• Ride a stretch limousine (done in November 2017)
• Experience a desert safari (done in 2006 and 2012)
• Ride a camel (done in 2012)
• Milk a cow
• Be featured on a national newspaper (done in 2005)
• Get a driving licence (done in 2010)
• Be part of a television show’s live studio audience
• Travel to another country to be part of an international event (done in 2005)
• Sleep under the stars
• Go stargazing and make a wish on a shooting star
• Own a book with the author’s autograph (done in 2010)
• Visit Paris and see the Eiffel Tower (done in 2005)
• Go up the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
• Live in our own house that has a yard
• Plant a tree and watch it grow
• Visit Switzerland during winter (done in 2016)
• Watch a live concert by Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, and/or Lea Salonga (done in February and September 2017)
• Celebrate our anniversary by renewing our vows with a grand wedding.
• Complete the 9 masses of Simbang Gabi
• Build a snowman and make a snow angel
• Cook 2 different meals a day for 6 consecutive days for my family
• Experience ziplining
• Have an outdoor family pictorial
• Go to Disneyland with my family
• Give Mama a surprise birthday party at a party hall, restaurant, or hotel
• See my children graduate from university
• Fly first class on a plane and experience all the perks that come with it (done in January 2016)
• Own a DSLR camera and learn how to use it (partly done in 2014)
• Walk under the cherry blossom trees in Tokyo, Japan
• Ride a gondola in Venice, Italy
• Make a wish at the Fontana di Trevi in Rome, Italy
• Migrate to Canada, Australia, or New Zealand
• Take a picture with Pope Francis
• Ride the Hello Kitty airplane
• Stay in a penthouse for a night (done in February 2017)
La Dolce Vita is Italian for "the sweet life." Andiamo! means "let's go!" Put them together, and you get an invit...
Years ago, I told Hubby that I wanted us to have a renewal of vows for our tenth wedding anniversary. I wanted to have another wedding, com...
I had to apply for a police certificate this week and fortunately, it was a fairly simple process. For those who need to get one, here are ...
I admit I’m not a fit or athletic person. I don’t go to the gym and the only exercise I do is walking and jogging around the neighborhood p...
And I’m back in the sandpit! Actually, we arrived yesterday morning. While my sister went home and had the day off (lucky her), I headed ...